Home > Uncategorized > We’ve lost Paul Curran, our master guest columnist and prolific comment-leaver

We’ve lost Paul Curran, our master guest columnist and prolific comment-leaver

I loved Paul’s comments.

Though we never met face to face, I will miss him greatly.

In his last email to me, he wrote, “Sometimes we are only offered bad choices Deborah, but to refuse to choose is to loose the right to choose.”

Today I’ll make some loving choices in memory–and honor–of Paul.

Mark Bialczak

Those of us who’ve grown to love the lively words that bounced from the head and fingers of Paul Curran will never be the same.

The writer from Canada has died, according to his neighbor Steve Watson.

I received this email on the contact tab from my blog:

With great sadness I have to tell you that Paul Curran has passed away. Paul passed last week.

Our guest blogger, Paul Curran. Our guest blogger, Paul Curran.

Your Barrista -- Paul Curran Your Barrista — Paul Curran

Now Your Barrista – Paul Curran Now Your Barrista – Paul
Curran

A series of the column head shots Paul sent me since 2013 to just a month ago.

I found the email this morning. I arrived yesterday. Steve Watson was listed as the photographer in the If We Were Having Coffee Sunday column Paul had me post here on Sept. 11 after his emergency operation.

I could not find an obituary through search engines.

Paul lived in Ottawa, Ontario…

View original post 518 more words

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. October 8, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Some people, including those we may never meet, make a permanent home in our heart don’t they?

• October 8, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Yes. I went and sobbed on Anthony’s shoulder for a while after reading this. I felt silly, in a way, but Anthony reassured me that there’s nothing silly about missing someone you love … whether or not you ever hugged in person. Heart connect in these spaces. A meeting of bodies isn’t required for that.

2. October 8, 2016 at 1:01 pm

So sorry for your loss. It’s not silly at all. A friend is a friend no matter how you met and how you communicated. ❤️

3. October 9, 2016 at 12:53 am

Sorry to hear this. Elephant Child put it in lovely words; “Heart connect in these spaces. A meeting of bodies isn’t required for that.”

4. October 10, 2016 at 10:08 am

So sorry for your loss. As others have said, a friend is a friend no matter how you know them.

5. October 11, 2016 at 5:03 am

I agree with pegoleg. A friend is important, how you know them is less important. That being said, I’ve never read a thing this man wrote, but I’m all about connection and communication, so I feel a loss at his passing.