Home > Work > Already written

Already written

Yesterday, I told two coworkers how much I appreciate them and what they do.

“Write that down so you remember it when you’re asked about our performance later!” said one.

“Naw,” I replied. “I don’t need to write it down to remember it. It’s already written in my heart.”

Categories: Work Tags: , ,
  1. September 22, 2016 at 12:11 pm

It must be nice to work under your charge!

• September 22, 2016 at 12:14 pm

I’m not a manager, but I work in an environment where people are encouraged to express appreciation, even outside the performance review process. It’s a beautiful thing. ๐Ÿ™‚

(At a conference a couple months back, one speaker said I must be the most upbeat person to work with based on how I framed my question. I laughed. It’s from working where I do!)

• September 22, 2016 at 12:33 pm

It’s so lovely to lift up others and you get so much back in return ๐ŸŒบas a health visitor I also tried to lift up the families

2. Paul
    September 22, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Careful, you’re getting nice… Ha ๐Ÿ˜€

3. September 22, 2016 at 12:38 pm

This is definitely not the “standard” work place. I only get expressed negative appreciation when things are broken. No one ever compliments an IT person when things are working. Want to make an IT person paranoid? Compliment them on something that is working just fine and show your appreciation for the job they’re doing, lol.

• September 22, 2016 at 7:20 pm

I wish it were the standard workplace! Working there is part of why I’ve been okay starting to talk politics; I have this place where agreement and disagreement are both safe, and where folks really do work to help each other out. I’d really love it if all workplaces could be more like that. It’s demonstrably better for everyone involved.

4. September 22, 2016 at 1:29 pm

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

5. September 22, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Aw. What a nice response!

6. September 24, 2016 at 10:20 am