Home > Friends, Love > expletive, expletive, expletive

expletive, expletive, expletive

Hi!

When you leave comments on my posts attacking my friends, I’ll move your comments to my trash can and block you!

I testified in front of a wealthy pedophile when I was barely old enough to tie my shoes. If you tell me the U.S. justice system is just or that people punished by it must have deserved punishment (while those wealthy who walk free must be innocent), I will laugh … and I will trash your comments in accord with my post, “Your comment, meet my trash can.”

If you have any concerns with this, please go ahead and reflect upon this music video.

And then go eff yourself.

Categories: Friends, Love Tags:
  1. August 9, 2016 at 6:44 pm

I haven’t been around the sphere much lately. Obviously I missed something.

Regardless, you go girl! People need to listen to what they’re saying/writing. Grow up, people!

• August 9, 2016 at 6:47 pm

♥ Tonight’s comment inspiring this post made me say, aaaaaw, you’re really dense, if you think I’m going to publish this!

And then I had to go ahead and post this blog, just so folks will–in the future–have no confusion about the non-appearance when their posts don’t appear on my blog. 🙂

• August 9, 2016 at 6:49 pm

We are all powerful bloggers, Deb. The only place where we have complete control. 😈

2. August 9, 2016 at 6:46 pm

DITTO!!!! Damn lol

3. August 9, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Wow. I echo what Elyse said. People need to learn respect. Glad your friends have you. They are lucky people.

• August 9, 2016 at 6:48 pm

I am lucky to have them! I grew up with no friends who were not my siblings, so that I now feel fiercely protective of those non-sibling friends I have now … those who know me exactly as I am, pros and cons, and love me anyway. ♥

4. Deb
    August 9, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Sorry you had to have a negative troll (or just a rude person) stop by. They can keep their words to themselves, or better yet, learn how to communicate like adults.

• August 9, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Hear, hear.

It’s surprising to me to get this kind of comment here. It wasn’t surprising when I first opened my first blog and there were no rules, but now?

Now you have to really be a &@#$ to leave the kind of comment worth being immediately trashed.

• Deb
        August 9, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Especially after you have made it quite clear, on many occasion, how you run your blog. Here’s a {hug} just because…:)

5. August 9, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Really dislike people who attack others being all badass behind their keyboards. My Mom told me if I have nothing nice to say don’t say anything. Sound advice 99% of the time. The 1% is reserved for the actual 1% 😂

6. August 9, 2016 at 8:03 pm

I’m really glad you delete the comments–I don’t want to read combative remarks on your blog or any other! Somehow I think many people have confused rudeness with being clever. Cheers to the “cleansing breath” of DELETE!

• August 10, 2016 at 5:59 am

That’s how I feel about it! I’ve toed the line in some of my own political post comments recently, and I’m trying to very consciously move from that. I want this place to feel safe, and it can’t (IMO) when combative comments are published.

7. August 9, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Deb, so sorry to hear you’re going through this. I had the experience of people submitting denigrating comments about people who post comments on my blog. I also received some very defamatory comments about other bloggers. All of the comments had something negative or actually hateful to say about race. The only thing that helped decrease them was using the option of requiring a Word press account to comment. One person who had been harassing me since Sept. 2012 had the nerve to open a Word press account to continue her harassment. (sigh)

• August 10, 2016 at 6:02 am

Argh! That’s commitment. Imagine what might happen if that last person channeled that commitment into making positive change. I’m glad you keep posting.

I haven’t gotten too many hateful comments so far, which is part of why it surprises me when I do.

8. August 9, 2016 at 9:37 pm

I love you. I’m sorry.

9. August 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Reblogged this on Green Embers and commented:
    Could not say it better. Listen to Deb and think before making disparaging comments! And a warning, do not ever disrespect any of my friends.

10. August 9, 2016 at 9:58 pm

I once shared a poem I wrote (autobiographical) on a poet site about a pedophile and was mocked. The reviewer said nice try but that I didn’t get it right. When I didn’t respond they apologized and tried to backtrack and said of course they would not mock me if that was in fact my real experience. Her callous disregard for someone else’s feeling especially in light of her own trauma was appalling. Haters gonna hate, and trolls like to troll and there will always be people who like to think they are right and look down their noses at others. They are sowing their own Karma. Good for you, for putting them in their place. 🙂

• August 10, 2016 at 6:05 am

Yikes. “didn’t get it right”? Talk about failing to comprehend the range of human emotion, especially in re: trauma! 😦

• August 10, 2016 at 8:44 am

I know right, it’s like because my experience didn’t match her own it wasn’t real. It’s all good. My piece was explicit and made readers uncomfortable and that was intentional. I wanted parents out there to know how much they really needed to safeguard their children. Those of us who have had bad experiences know, but those who haven’t often don’t realize the seriousness of the danger. I guess that’s like anything. I didn’t see the post that started your ire. I will have to go back and look. 🙂

11. Paul
    August 10, 2016 at 1:12 am

You tell ’em Deborah!

• August 10, 2016 at 6:08 am

I’ve gotten a few comments about other bloggers which I’ve summarily deleted; in this case, though, we’re talking about a face to face friend. I wanted to make clear to its poster–should said poster return–that this particular comment didn’t just disappear in a spam filter somewhere but was intentionally deleted. 🙂

• Paul
        August 11, 2016 at 10:44 am

Ha! No doubts left there. Ha!

12. August 10, 2016 at 5:21 am

Way to go and love the song!

13. August 10, 2016 at 6:05 am

Just a note — with people like this commenter, be advised: if they could eff themselves, they probably would.

14. August 10, 2016 at 7:50 am

OMG I cannot believe this has happened! I pray this does not happen again sweetie. I have been under a rock lately but anything that can make you feel strongly enough to post what you did in this post is enough for me to say that I hope you never have to feel uncomfortable or attacked again and that you have every right to defend yourself in such a case–in this case deleting and blocking said person and their posts. Way to go for staying classy! {HUGZ}

• August 10, 2016 at 10:07 am

Thank you!

I debated not saying anything, but decided “I wanted to make clear to [the comment’s] poster–should said poster return–that this particular comment didn’t just disappear in a spam filter somewhere but was intentionally deleted. :)” (I borrowed this text from a prior comment, ahem.)

I’m not sure I kept it classy, but I do feel like I kept it clear. Clarity’s my key goal! 🙂

• August 10, 2016 at 10:26 am

Again, you needed to do that for your respect, your story, and your voice/ sanity. I applaud you! It doesn’t matter if you had to get a little saucy because you were emotional at the time and were maybe not so classy, LOL. That’s ok too, they will learn not to troll again! 🙂

15. August 10, 2016 at 1:32 pm