Home > Entertainment, Family, Los Angeles, Work > My favorite director

My favorite director

2015-04-27 09.42.42My husband became an assistant director last August.

He’s worked with many directors since then.

I know only one director by name: Bob.

He’s my favorite.

I don’t really have any idea what he does, to be honest.

I don’t know if he’s won or will win any awards.

What I do know is that he’s fast.

If Bob’s directing, chances are I’ll actually see my husband in the evening instead of being three hours asleep when he finally gets home.

I really like seeing my husband.

(I might not always show it, but it’s true!)

Ergo, I like Bob.

A lot.

Apologies to anyone seeing this twice.
See comments for explanation.
  1. April 27, 2015 at 5:56 pm

WordPress has been giving me some grief the last few months. Every so often, I’ll post something that’s distributed by email and shows on the front page … but disappears from reader. My earlier post didn’t appear via reader, so I opted to repost. (I follow my own blog to see which ones don’t show. They also don’t show up in global tag searches.)

As if that wasn’t bad enough, my own reader has huge gaps across devices. It’ll show posts 3-4 hours back, then poof! Nothing for the next 20 hours! Someone among y’all is posting every 20 minutes, so 20-hour gaps are beyond suspicious.

Anyone else having like troubles?

2. April 27, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Bob sounds good. Your hubby sounds great!

3. Deb
    April 27, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Yay for Bob 🙂 I have noticed lag time, and also comments made in response to my comments never reaching me as notifications. I bet others are having issues as well…

• April 27, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Seems that way, regrettably!

When posts start disappearing, I feel like I’m on Facebook again. Noooo!

4. April 27, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Yay Bob! And yes, I have run into other bloggers complaining of similar. My own posts do not always post on time when I schedule them. Weird stuff. It is always something around here, isn’t it?

• April 27, 2015 at 6:23 pm

At first I figured it for some fleeting thing … same as for the whole beep beep boop gig, siiiiiigh …

(But, hey! Bob can still be counted on!)

• April 27, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Bless the unwavering constancy of Bob. Good man. 🙂

5. April 28, 2015 at 8:11 am

If you like Bob, then I like Bob.

6. April 28, 2015 at 9:00 am

Bob, Bob, Bob…. Bob is the man! I haven’t been blogging long enough to know what is happening, I just want people to read my posts!

7. April 28, 2015 at 12:43 pm

I’ve had my own posts not show up, I emailed WP help and never heard back… but beyond that, I like Bob, too! 🙂

8. April 28, 2015 at 10:35 pm

Very sound reasoning! And I love that you used the word “ergo.” Kudos to Bob, and to your assistant director husband. They both must be very good at what they do. 🙂

• May 1, 2015 at 2:08 am

Good and getting better by the day, at least in my husband’s case! It’s been awesome to see him grow in confidence and ability the last several months.

9. May 2, 2015 at 6:42 am

If Bob makes you happy I like Bob also.