I want YOU! To write a guest post, that is.
My blog has felt a little empty in the months since its FTIAT guest blog series concluded. I’ve missed introducing the thoughtful, moving words of my writer friends, and seeing the impact of those words on readers.
I’ve toyed with starting another series for a couple of months. Most of the ideas that have meandered through my brain weren’t worth entertaining for more than a couple of seconds, but one theme finally took hold.
Has someone you love and admire ever expressed disbelief in your ability to accomplish one of your goals, from finishing college to running an ultra-marathon to thriving in a non-traditional career path? Did you go out and achieve that goal anyway?
If you’ve had such an experience, as I believe most of us have, I’d love to read and possibly share it. Below are the criteria for my new Oh, Yes I Did! guest post series:
- There is no set word limit, but 400-800 words is a good range for which to aim
- Write what feels right. There’s no right tone or voice for submissions. I love being able to feel a reader’s heart by the unique way she expresses herself, which has little to do with whether she puts her words together with consistently awesome grammar or textbook perfect phrasing
- The post should be positive in tone overall, emphasizing your accomplishment instead of an “in your face!” dance. That’s not to say there’s no room for a little basking in the glow of proving someone wrong, but I’m more enduringly touched by witnessing the joy when someone proves themselves right (versus proving someone else wrong)
- Pictures are welcome, but they must be your own or used with their takers’ clear and unambiguous permission
- Posts must be received by 23:59:59 Pacific Time on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 . I can’t guarantee I will publish every post I receive, but I will commit to writing each author within one week of post’s receipt to communicate status provided I’m not inundated
- If you have a blog and are not posting anonymously, your blog must point readers to the guest post on or around the day it’s posted. If you don’t have a blog or wish to post anonymously, this requirement obviously doesn’t apply!
- Depending upon the response to this post, I might have to update these criteria. Please subscribe to comments on this post for any updates
Questions and posts alike are welcome at this email address. I don’t have much time on the weekdays, but I’ll do my best to respond to questions on the weekends.
I thank you for considering part of this new series, and for being here to read this invitation at all!
9/11/13 ETA: Adjusted the post due-by date to add a week
Recent Posts I Wrote
- Body Love
- Remembering Chris Keith, aka "The Adventures of a Thrifty Mama"
- Tree of Hands, Tree of Life
- My favorite future doctor
- Portrait of a Pedophile
- I will always be Deborah Bryan.
- Mommy, can you forgive me?
- Thank Goodness for Girlfriends
- Breastfeeding, judgment and–finally–joyous mothering
- (Marriage) Equality: the light in and from us all
- So much mirth!!! What If Adults Had Tantrums Like Toddlers? buzzfeed.com/video/buzzfeed… 1 day ago
- Body Love: when someone sees bodies in terms only of “fat” or “skinny,” they’re missing the point. wp.me/p1kMtx-1vQ #bodyimage 1 day ago
- RT @fromthebungalow: "... when someone sees bodies in terms only of 'fat' or 'skinny,' they’re missing the point." Short and sweet... http… 1 day ago
- RT @NonStopMom1: I have to be serious here for a minute. Like, really serious. This is going to be kind of long-winded, so bear... http://… 2 days ago
- The striped-shirt guy at 4:27 PM is especially happiness-making! :D 2 days ago
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011